Friday, November 21, 2008

My Rant

I have been told many times by many people that I have "spoiled" my kids. "You hold her too much" "You going to regret spoiling her" "she's such a Mommies girl!" Well isnt that what being a mom is about? Letting your kids know that they can trust you so they can feel secure??
In this cruel world I want them to have a place where they can feel that everything is ok and I am so glad that place is in my arms! I love that my girls are "Mommies girls" thats what I am for!!
I love knowing that no matter what I can ALWAYS count on my mom for a hug, even now! One day when my kids are teenagers and screaming that they hate me I am going to be SO grateful that I held them every chance I got!
Just because they would rather me hold them than anyone else dont mean that they are spoiled! They are just incredibly loved and know that I will always be there to give them a hug when ever they need one!

Ok sorry I have just been holding that in for over 3 years, it feels good to get it out :)

5 comments:

Anngie said...

I totally agree with ya, it defintely is not a bad thing that thing that your girls prefer you over anyone else! I hope my daughter is a mommie's girl:)

Lance and Sally Sagers said...

Amen Candice, I have always tought that there is no such thing as spoiling a baby.

Yeagle Family said...

I totally agree Candice! Thats what mommies are for comfort and love!

GMA JO JO said...

I am so proud of you Candice and I can tell you from experience that there is nothing more precious than having a close relationship with your children. I am so proud of you and Cody and LOVE the fact that we still hug and tell each other EVERYDAY that we love each other. Hold on to those two beautiful girls for as long as you can!!!! I love you so much and I hope you know that I am so proud of the mommy you have become......... You were "spoiled" as I was told over and over again but look how good you turned out!

Jamie Broderick Photography said...

I agree 100%!! Wyatt only really likes me to hold him, but how long is that going to last? I want to enjoy every minute that he wants me still.